PDF Days in October 2021
Excerpt: For developers and heavy users of PDF technology the Technical Days and Solution Days sessions that make up PDF Days Online 2021 are a great place to find inspiration and expertise.
About the author: The staff of the PDF Association are dedicated to delivering the information, services and value members have come to expect.
If you are a heavy user of PDF technology, develop with PDF, or build PDF applications into your products and services, the educational / non-commercial Technical Days and Solution Days sessions of PDF Days Online 2021 are a great place to find inspiration and expertise. Check out the agenda for PDF Days Online 2021!
Technical Days: 24 non-commercial / educational sessions offered by experts in PDF technology.
Solution Days sessions 14 short presentations offered by leading PDF technology companies to highlight a product or feature.
Can’t make the times? Register anyway; we’ll send you a recording of the presentation the next day!
Interviews with PDF Days speakers
We’ve been publishing short interviews with each of the speakers as a means of previewing their Technical Days sessions. The interviews published so far are:
- Michael Demey looks at the future of traversing PDF Files
- Elodie Tellier talks about PDF/A Conversion and Validation Challenges
- Boris Doubrov of DualLab compares WCAG with PDF/UA
- Tim Allison of NASA’s JPL talks about his work for DARPA on a PDF Observatory” for PDF developers
- Dietrich von Seggern from callas software reviews the idea of archiving email as PDF.
- Roman Toda of Normex has a lot to say regarding the derivation of HTML from PDF.
- Bernd Wild of intarsys discusses his favorite subject: validating PDF digital signatures.
- Matt Kuznicki of AbleDocs plans to present on lessons learned from implementing a PDF/UA viewer.
- Matthias Valvekens from iText will cover the future of cryptography in PDF.
- Carsten Heiermann of Foxit discusses how to make e-signing interoperable.
- Klaas Posselt will explain how to tag PDF content “the right way”.
- Michael Vrhel of Artifex will survey open source solutions for PDF.
- Neil Pitman of Aquaforest will discuss how the Low Code / No Code movement pertains to PDF.
- Andrey Savonov of PDFTron covers content accessibility for all screen sizes.
- René Treuber of axaio reviews the differences between merely tagged PDF and PDF/UA conformance.