The PDF Association’s CTO, Peter Wyatt, will walk through the many and various free technical resources provided by the PDF Association. Understand:
- the roadmap and brief history across all PDF technical resources;
- how the technical resources are organized and arranged at https://pdfa.org/resources and in GitHub https://github.com/pdf-association;
- where to locate specific kinds of technical information;
- why each resource is important to all PDF developers;
- how technical information and standardization occur between the PDF Association (as the peak industry body) and ISO; and
- how to read and understand the formal language in PDF ISO standards.
This is not a deep dive into specific technicalities of PDF, but an overview of where to locate freely available information and what to expect (and not expect!) to find in that information. It will be useful for PDF developers, team leaders, software architects, product support engineers, and product managers.