How a Turkish Government Agency Optimized Document Workflows and Reduced Costs
Excerpt: By implementing ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 as the single universal PDF and document conversion solution throughout the whole organization, the Ministry improved the efficiency of their document management workﬂows and signiﬁcantly decreased software purchase and maintenance costs.
About the author:
The employees at the Ministry of Industry and Technology of Republic of Turkey review and process various kinds of documents received from numerous sources. By implementing ABBYY FineReader PDF 15 as the single universal PDF and document conversion solution throughout the whole organization, the Ministry improved the efficiency of their document management workﬂows and signiﬁcantly decreased software purchase and maintenance costs.
The Ministry of Industry and Technology of Republic of Turkey determines industrial policies and strategies with the main goal of improving social welfare by ensuring sustainable growth of the country’s economy and further innovations. The Ministry has 81 central and regional offices with over 3,500 employees all together.
The challenges the Ministry faced
- The process to register, analyze, and approve different kinds of documents received from individual local and foreign agencies took too much time.
- The process of digitizing paper documents and entering the documents into the electronic document management systems was not effective.
- Support for the Turkish language was insufficient in the existing solutions.
Solution to support document workflow
- With ABBYY FineReader PDF 15, the employees of the Ministry can now easily review the incoming documents, enter them into the system, search and edit, save as editable ﬁles when needed, convert shared documents to PDF, and protect them effectively.
- Quick on-premise deployment of the software, securely managed from a single server, allows access for thousands of users throughout all 81 offices.
- FineReader PDF intelligently processes documents in Turkish, including dictionary support, and a variety of other languages.
We examined FineReader PDF comprehensively and were pleased to see that our choice was right.
Value to the customer
- One universal solution for various document tasks with great support of the local language
- Increased capability of document processes at every workplace throughout the organization
- Quick deployment and effective ongoing management in a large organization with distributed offices
- Signiﬁcantly reduced the total cost of ownership of a PDF and document conversion solution, thanks to perpetual licensing
Try all features and capabilities of FineReader PDF 15 for yourself!